"Russ Long's Guide to Nashville Recording" DVD is a "must have"!!!

kid klash

The original Mr. Nice Guy
"Russ Long's Guide to Nashville Recording" DVD is a "must have"!!!

I was one of three winners of a copy of the brand new "Russ Long's Guide to Nashville Recording" DVD, and I've got to say I am REALLY impressed with it!

This DVD takes you through recording two different songs, part by part, with mic setups, audio chain info, settings, and tons of insight that only a top engineer and great studio musicians can express.

One of the two songs was recorded with over $37,000 worth of mics, preamps, compressors, EQ and other cool goodies (not including the main mixer, monitors, hardware and software) and the other song was recorded with nothing but SM-57's (!) and the preamps in a Mackie 1604, at a value of around $1,700 (not including the master mixer, monitors, hardware and software). Both songs sound GREAT, which REALLY illustrates how important good musicianship and solid recording chops are to create a great-sounding recording, regardless of the equipment used.

The DVD is broken into chapters, so you can move from section to section very easily.

The extra features include a section about tuning drums, as well as details about the RADAR/ProTools recording chain that was used.

The DVD also includes a separate disk that contains the data created during the sessions so that you can load it into your DAW and explore each piece of each song.

If you're serious about recording, and want to see how "the big guys" make great sounding recordings, owning a copy of this DVD is definately a GREAT investment!!!

Best regards,
Kid

Hey, thanks for the insight! I'm afraid that if I watched it, I would just realize that I don't have $37,000 for their equipment and just quit!

Not really. I am satisfied with what I get for what I have. Sinking money into it won't help me until my skill improve....

Rokket said:
Hey, thanks for the insight! I'm afraid that if I watched it, I would just realize that I don't have $37,000 for their equipment and just quit!

Not really. I am satisfied with what I get for what I have. Sinking money into it won't help me until my skill improve....

That's the cool thing about this DVD... it proves that with enough knowledge, it IS possible to record a GREAT song with a bunch of SM-57's and a Mackie... :)

Back