roland v drums

crashdiary27

hey guys. Im trying to figure out a good way to record a electric drum kit on my Tascam neo. Seems I can only plug into one input with these and I would like some more mixing options. Im a little confused if I would be able to use a program like ezdrummer with my kit or not. Thank you for any replies.

You didn't mention which sound module you have, but I imagine they all have the same outputs - stereo audio and USB digital. SInce your Tascam doens't have the USB input possible, you would only have the stereo audio. You'd need to move to a computer set up with a DAW to do what you want.

i was afraid of that. I believe the module I have is the td-4. I find it easier to record stuff with my Tascam than pro tools...but im guessing by your reply its possible to record electric drums that way. hmmmm....

If you want to use EZ drummer, you need to use the computer and a midi interface. Record the midi data, and the stereo audio for reference, then apply the midi data to EZdrummer. That's it.

I don't use protools or ezdrummer, so I can't be any more specific.

Seems I can only plug into one input with these and I would like some more mixing options.

The earphone out is a stereo out; all you need is a stereo 1/4" to dual 1/4" mono plugs to go into an interface.
You wont be able to separate out all the channels, just left and right.

The midi is only a midi OUT, so you can't route midi back to the unit for re-recording any edits from a computer.

It's a basic unit.

Pages 7 and 41 of the owners manual details hooking up midi.

Certainly do-able but it's not going to be flexible.

yeah midi confuses the living hell out of me....ill never understand how to use it. Thanks for all the replies. I guess ill just try to make due with what I have.

Back