Recording violin with external mic on PC

AussieSL

Hello
Very new to all this. I need to be able to record myself playing my violin.

I will be using a Windows 10 PC, a Rode USB-NT mic with stand, and either the inbuilt camera or a Logitech external camera and mic. I have disabled the internal mic on the PC.

I understand one way is to use the external camera and the external mic. Record the video (used Camera function in Windows 10) and audio separately (used Audacity) and then sync them. I've done this using Windows Movie Maker. Works ok but faffing about.

My question is can I use the external mic and the external camera. Disable the mic in the camera and then use the inbuilt program to record audio and video together without the need for the syncing step? Is there something in the software or drivers or something that prohibits me from doing this?

Thanks

I was having sync problems with a new Logitech but it cleared itself up last week ? It looks like the logitech software made a 32khz MONO file. I was resigned to the fact that I would probably have to syn audio and video in a editor, but I'm fine with the last run

There's probably a suite out there that'll do what you want but I'd advocate just doing what you're doing now.

One of the main reasons is that a dedicated audio suite and dedicated video suite each do their own job well.
I've found it better to keep the two separate for editing and manipulation.

I also let the camera record audio too just so I have a reference.
I use it for lining up the proper audio, then delete it.

I had another go at the above and I can use the external USB mic with the external Logitech camera/mic. I disabled the internal mic and the mic in the Logitech camera/mic. I was then able to record video and audio in 1 step with no need to synch using the desired recording devices. :)

Back