Recording Rock & Metal Guitar Amps Video

Thanks for sharing, I'm an amp lover myself, real nice collection of amps there, but you dropped the ball on that video which is little more than an infomercial that isn't really informative. You didn't say anything that couldn't be gathered with a click of the Google. Add some sound clips of each amp and the settings used. At least give the uninformed something to sink their teeth into. Show them how the amps sound. Just saying "this amp is great for metal" means nothing.

Also, I see a vertical input Marshall 2203/2204 up on the shelf behind you? Can't really tell for sure, but it's got 6 knobs and vertical inputs, probably a JCM 800? Yeah, that one. It's better than the three you mentioned. :D

Hi Greg, thanks for watching. This video is a clip from my Record & Mix Online Series. As the series progresses, the videos will become more detailed and feature sound samples. This is only the second video in the series, I'm just getting started. I'm about to shoot a bunch of videos on miking cabs which will not only show mic techniques, but you will be able to hear the differences between the mics and how they are placed.

In regards to the Marshall, yes, it is a JCM800. I did a whole video on that amp alone which I will upload to my YouTube channel in the coming weeks. As far as being better than the other three, that is subject to opinion and also based on genre of music. When I'm recording a rock band, it's great, but for more modern metal/hardcore material it just doesn't cut it unless I'm blending it with another amp. It certainly has a lot of character and is one of my favourite amps.

Thanks for sharing, I'm an amp lover myself, real nice collection of amps there, but you dropped the ball on that video which is little more than an infomercial that isn't really informative. You didn't say anything that couldn't be gathered with a click of the Google. Add some sound clips of each amp and the settings used. At least give the uninformed something to sink their teeth into. Show them how the amps sound. Just saying "this amp is great for metal" means nothing.

Also, I see a vertical input Marshall 2203/2204 up on the shelf behind you? Can't really tell for sure, but it's got 6 knobs and vertical inputs, probably a JCM 800? Yeah, that one. It's better than the three you mentioned. :D

Back