Recording off a A&H GL2200???

slaminsam

OK I know that this is not ideal, but it a church environment and the Live sound is the important aspect (hence the GL2200), but I need to record as well. The recorder is a Tascam SS-R100. I know the GL2200 has a 2 track out, but that is going to give me the same mix as live and that does not translate to a recorder very well. So the other option is to run it out of the AUX 5-6 and mix using the the AUX outs. Do I have other options or is there a better method to get a good mix on the recorder?

Thanks

There are no doubt some here with some hands-on familiarity with the GL2200, but from my look, it appears the limiting factor is your recorder, not your board. Go here:
GL2200 | ALLEN & HEATH // WORLD CLASS MIXING
and download/print some of the documents on the board- it appears A&H made a board that is field-modifiable for several different applications. Then get hold of an 8- or 16-channel recorder. You can then mix down to 2 channels and record that to the the Tascam SS-R100.

As I intimated, I am not experienced with that board- filter my suggestion through others who have used that board.

Back