recording noise in classroom. Online Education Solution Needed!!!

vipakun

Hi All,

I am doing a project in a school: record the video from webcam and microphone.
Webcam: Canon VC-C4
Microphone: Shure MX202
Mixer: Shure SCM268
I record video as MWV/WMA from webcam and then using Expression Encoder SDK to re-encode to mp4/aac. (They are what I need.)
The problem is the background is relative large and has some echos.

My question is how can I remove the white noise or hissing noise?
I cannot use some UI softwares (Like Audacity) to remove noise. Because there are hundred videos need to be processed everyday. I would like to find a hardware solution(not too expensive) or software (or sdk) you may know to do that. I don't expect professional solution, like studio recording or file recording. But hope the result will be acceptable to most of students.

Could anyone know the hardware solution or software solution for this problem?

If "hundreds of videos need to be processed each day", then this sounds like a major project. In that case, I don't think looking for workarounds is the best idea.

I think that the whole process needs to be looked at to see what opportunities there are for reducing the problems in the first place. Managing audio in acoustically unfriendly spaces is tricky; background noise and echo are very intrusive.

Maybe if you could outline what the process is, and how you are capturing the audio, there may be some clues about how to get better audio from the start.

Yes, it will be more than hundred video to do everyday.
There are lots of applications in system, but for recording part:
There is a special PC in each room and running the Online Course Engine, which includes the recording code (Expression Encoder 4 Pro SDK to capture). After taking the video, the local PC will re-encoding(also Expression Encode 4 Pro SDK) the recorded file(wmv) to MP4. And then, send the MP4 file to server then publish it.
Do you know any SDK, software or any better devices integrated the noise reduce chips?

Many thanks.

I understand that Expression Encoder is the application that does the capture. But how does the audio get from the SCM268 to the PC?

Where is the mike placed in the room, and what is the typical scenario that it has to deal with?

After mixer, the audio signal will go into ASUS audio card, and video part directly goes into osprey video card from webcam. Then, EE4 Pro code will manipulate on the webcam and encode the signal.

There are three mikes are suspended from the ceiling in teacher area.

I understand that Expression Encoder is the application that does the capture. But how does the audio get from the SCM268 to the PC?

Where is the mike placed in the room, and what is the typical scenario that it has to deal with?

Back