Recording guitar with Steinberg CI1 Audio Interface.

Like Tides

Hey all, I am trying to record some demos of my friend playing for my band, and I have this A/I that I use for vocals, that I record into Garageband then mix/master in there.

I've tried recording guitar into Garageband, but I can't seem to find any really good effects, and there seems to be a lot of feedback coming from either the guitar or the A/I.

I've downloaded Amplitube, but neither him or I are familiar with the program. Are there any other recording programs we could use to achieve a great tone?

Are there any other programs that we could use to get a good guitar tone?
For an example, we're looking for a tone similar to what the band A Lot Like Birds uses.

If someone could YouTube the song 'Orange Time Machines Care' by A Lot Like Birds, and give me any tips on what I should be doing to achieve those tones would be great.

Thanks so much,

Jake.

I believe the best results could be achieve by recording the guitar sound through a real guitar amp. I would suggest the following flow.

Guitar -- Effects pedal (for example RP1000) --Guitar amp-- Microphone (SM57) --- Audio interface -- Garage band.

You can have fun with your effects pedal , tweak it by starting with overdrive, distortion or combination of effects until you get the desired tone. Good luck.

Back