Need a quick answer on compressor please

Twirly

Hi

I have been offered an Alesis 3632 for £50 as a second chance Ebay offer but if I already have a dbx286s would I find any benefit from buying a stand alone compressor when the DBX has one built in? (I expect the seller would like a speedy acceptance or refusal so would appreciate any quick replies)

Thanks

No. That compressor is about the cheapest piece of junk from the 1990s that exists.

Even though the compressor in that preamp isn't much better (and doesn't have the controls), the one in your channel strip is of better quality.

You are going to have to spend a few hundred dollars for a compressor that is noticeably better than the one in your DBX.

I've heard the 3632 was an improvement over the 3630. I doubt it's a sonic upgrade from the dbx, but it does have more controls.

No. That compressor is about the cheapest piece of junk from the 1990s that exists.

Even though the compressor in that preamp isn't much better (and doesn't have the controls), the one in your channel strip is of better quality.

You are going to have to spend a few hundred dollars for a compressor that is noticeably better than the one in your DBX.

Thanks I'll let him know and give it a miss then.

Back