Recording Bass guitar; Post sound files

frank_1

Hi guys,

Here is my situation:

I'm basically a hobbiest and the bass I was currently using, my DeArmond Pilot 5-string, wasn't keeping me happy with the sound. I think it was about $250 when it first came out, but I got it for $160 at Sam Ash about a year ago.

So just recently I got a Spector NS2000 bass off ebay for $500 because I was seeking something better. But it seems as though it's not that much better, I think? I was thinking about getting a 5-string fender bass but the prices are very high. I play instrumental rock. I love the sound of Dream Theater, Ozzy Osbourne, and Collective Soul.

I use either an Art MP or my GT-6 guitar effects processor for EQ, slight distortion, and compression. I have Cubase SX, a Delta 44 soundcard, and cheesey cables.

Actually I don't really know how a decent sounding bass guitar should sound like. I'm kinda unexperienced with this game....

I am asking if you can post a sound file of a bass guitar playing so I can here how it sound and then post the full song so I can here how it sounds in the mix. Please also include the bass guitar, preamp, wheather it's digital or analog and compressor.

I know I'll have to listen and adjust to fit the song I'm playing but I think this might be a little helpful for me.:)

Anyother thing you would like to throw in; go ahead!

Thanks! :D

Back