recording basics

I neither love nor hate them.

Plug the two RCA jacks at the end of the cable that isn't plugged into the Line/Speaker Out on the Soundcard into the two Tape Input Jacks on the mixer.

Ok, From green output on soundcard, into stereo aux returns.
From Blue output on soundcard, into tape inputs on mixer. Done.
Is that it?

No. Just from the Green Output.

If the Blue is a Line In it's hardly going to send signal OUT is it.

ok, i've done that. I just tried recording some vocals then....nothing. Still have a dry signal in my headphones, but now nothing on cubase. Hmmmm.

And when the shops open rush down to your nearest computer/consumer electronics store and buy two of these

18274i0.jpg

Okay. remember those cables I told you to buy? Plug the RCA end of the other one into the Tape Out jacks on your mixer and the 1/8" stereo jack end into the Line In on your soundcard.

Don't exist?

How can the stereo aux returns not exist when it says here on the desk they do? I've missed something else haven't I!! God! Learning ancient arabic would be easier than this language of sound engineering.

For our purposes they are "Magnificently irrelevant". They have a function. But this isn't it.

Dry signal...wave formation on cubase, so I can see it has worked. I just can't hear it now so I don't know if it has reverb on it or not.

At this point you'd be better off asking questions in the handy dandy Cubase User Forum located at the end of that link.

First question: Where are the onboard effects in Cubase located?

Okay. I've taken a look round the back of the mixer. What you need is a cable with two RCA jacks at one end and two 1/4" phone jacks at the other (you can get adaptors that fit right onto the RCAs). Plug the 1/4" phone jacks into the Control Room Out sockets on the Behringer then plug the RCA jacks into the Aux Input on your stereo amplifier.

Or plug a pair of headphones into the mixer's headphone jack.

Yep.

'1 set = Y' ends in the tape outputs on the desk goin into the line in on the sound card.

Do I need to put the other ones somewhere too? At the moment they are not in anything....just spare.

Yes. Plug the 1/8" Stereo Jack end into the Line/Speaker Out Jack on your Soundcard and the RCA end into the Tape Inputs on the Mixer.

Yes. Leave everything set up and go to bed.

Things'll make much more sense if you aren't knackered.

Back