recording with acoustic drum loops

slug

anyone record with acoustic drum loops?

I had picked up some Beta Monkey loops and Mick Fleetwoods total drumming and I like using them cause I have more control over my songs ,it is also faster than having the band come over ,teach them my song, set up drums for recording and rarely do I get a finished product anywhere near what I hear in my head. So I find it much easier to use acoustic drum loops with a scratch rhythm track , add bass ,then redo the guitar , then I have a choice of keeping the track or I can give it to the band and they can learn it. Which works out well cause they hear the song as I intended.
Has anyone else used acoustic drum loops and released songs with them? I would like to hear some.
I have also learned a few tricks since I started using them,such as to how to keep a ride cymbal ringing when you insert a drum roll so u don't get the abrupt digital silences and cut off.
I am really digging using them though it's a pain searching for the right grooves and fills sometimes but it saves eons of time in the mixing stage.

Last edited:
recording with acoustic drum loops
I had picked up some Beta Monkey loops and Mick Fleetwoods total drumming and I like using them cause I have more control over my songs ,it is also faster than having the band come over ,teach them my song, set up drums for recording and rarely do I get a finished product anywhere near what I hear in my head. So I find it much easier to use acoustic drum loops with a scratch rhythm track , add bass ,then redo the guitar , then I have a choice of keeping the track or I can give it to the band and they can learn it. Which works out well cause they hear the song as I intended.
Has anyone else used acoustic drum loops and released songs with them? I would like to hear some.
I have also learned a few tricks since I started using them,such as to how to keep a ride cymbal ringing when you insert a drum roll so u don't get the abrupt digital silences and cut off.
I am really digging using them though it's a pain searching for the right grooves and fills sometimes but it saves eons of time in the mixing stage.
Multi-Quote This Message

Back