Reamping with Little Labs Redeye- signal chain

DerekYamchuk

Hey everybody. So i ran into a little trouble with re-amping, the sound was way off from what i expected and there is something lost along the way. anyways
I was wondering if any one has any experience with this. When tracking guitars does it make a difference if i go directly into the instrument input, and then re-amp that signal out from the profire 2626. from what i could read up on the little labs site it seems you HAVE to go directly into the redeye, then the xlr output into the interface.

SO in short it's

Guitar> Profire instrument in>DAW>profire out>red eye>amp

OR

Guitar> REDEYE>Xlr out> profire> DAW>Profire out>Redeye>amp....

i dont see why this would be necessary, as the profire should act as a DI, but..?

Thanks

Guitar> Profire instrument in>DAW>profire out>red eye>amp

OR

Guitar> REDEYE>Xlr out> profire> DAW>Profire out>Redeye>amp

OR

Guitar>amp..... :D

Kidding aside....the RedEye isn't your basic/typical reamp box....so how you are using it and where you are setting levels is key. They have several diagrams with instructions on their site, if you haven't checked them out. Little Labs

haha i wish

Guitar>amp>eviction

So anyways, turns out, while direct in to the profire sounded okay, using the redye into a mic preamp (as it recommends) sounded much better, alot more good low end and more accurate when reaping

Back