Radio/megaphone like vocals?

arosemond

How do i go about recording radio or megaphone like vocals. Like on the song feel good inc. I dont have any fancy vsts.

With an eq, use the high pass filter at around 300hz and a low pass filter at around 4khz..

Then send that into.a compressor. If you have an amp sim, I've that to distort it a little, just to add the crunch.

What software are you using to mix? With the possible exception of Audacity, I can't think of one that doesn't have a compressor.

However, if you really don't have one, there are tons of free VSTs out there. A quick Google will find you hundreds but here's a site that claims to list the best. Best Free Compressor VST/AU Plugins! (I can't personally recommend any because I rely on the ones that are built into my DAW.

As for the sound, Farview has it pretty much spot on.

As was said, if you have a daw, you have a compressor. If you are doing it analog, then you will.just need to deal with what you get with the eq.

If you have a guitar amp, you can run the vocal through it. That will get you most of the way there.

With an eq, use the high pass filter at around 300hz and a low pass filter at around 4khz..

Then send that into.a compressor. If you have an amp sim, I've that to distort it a little, just to add the crunch.

This is my exact method. Maybe 400-3khz. I end up playing with those numbers to see what sounds best. There's a lot of additional information in the 1k-4k area, so play with those numbers and see what suits the song/vocal.

Back