A question about JoeMeek Products

anppilot1

Hey gang. Im new to this part of this BBS. This is my first post on this section, as Im usually in the Keyboard and Cubase sections.

What do yall think about Joe Meek pre's?

I was thinking about the JoeMeek SC2.2 Stereo Compressor, and the VC6Q British Channel. What I think that Im seeing in the VC6's description is that besides a preamp, its also a compressor and 1 band of eq. Am I right in this conclusion? If I am, then, what would another comprable preamp of quality and price (that is just a preamp byitsself)? What would yall consider a decent equalizer?

I use plugins for everything right now.

One last thing, what is a good mic for acoustic guitar?

Sorry in advance if any of these questions have been asked tons of times before, but I really dont have time to sit and research old threads to see if Im asking an old question.

thanks,
Mike

yes, it is a preamp, compressor, and EQ.....

I have a VC3Q and MQ3...very decent preamps.....i like the sound with the compressor for vocals and DI'ed guitar and bass......straight preamp compares about the same quality as my Delta DMP2, nothing special, but still very decent.......

for acoustic guitar, i like Marshall MXL603's.....if you like a LDC sound as i do, the MXLv67G will work as well as the MXL2003.......

Back