Problems with Lexicon Alpha/Reaper

pitta06

I am new to home recordings and having problems with Reaper. I have my mic connected to my Lexicon Alpha and the Lexicon picks everything up. Reaper also recognizes the Lexicon and mic respectively. When vocalizing into the mic, the track shows that the mic is being picked up correctly. But... As soon as record is pressed Reaper does not record the vocals even though it still shows that Reaper is picking the vocals up.

What are some suggestions I should do to try to fix this to where I can get these vocals recorded?

Thanks for all the help,
Pitta

Are you sure the track is Armed (of course you are - you can't Record unless at least 1 track is armed). How do you know Reaper is picking up the signal if it is not recording? The meters are moving, but is a new track showing (with nothing on it) or is no new track showing its being recorded?
Do you have headphones plugged into your Lexicon? Click the button for monitoring of the track instead of direct input monitoring, and see if you can hear anything (track will need to be armed.)

Back