pro tools prob

LmusikG

i need help with setting up pro tools. there is a message that comes up about buffering. i have a quad core processor and 2gb of ram. but it still has this buffering message. is there something i need to do as far as setting up a particular combination of settings, or what. it mostly come during playback and recording.

I'm not in front of my pro tools rig right now. but I think u need 2 go into your options and find where it says H/W Buffer Size and play with that as well as play with the CPU usage amount. Crank them all the way 2 allow pro tools 2 use the majority of your CPU and I think that should take care of your problem. If not then u might need 2 turn them down some. But that is where your problem lies.

i've been having the same problem since i got mine ( about 2 months ago ).
its really interfering with consistent recording. I'm using pro tools on a brand new lap top with 3gb ram, 320gb HD, and a dual core processor. All i want to know is whether to turn the cpu usage+ buffer size up or down or whatever.

Unfortunately I'm not in front of my pro tools rig, but I would say crank them both up and see if that helps. If not start turning them down one at a time until it works properly for u.

You may be able to assign PT to run on one core alone without other apps. Check the task manager if you are using XP (select affinity), if another OS, check Google or Tom's Hardware and see if they can advise.

Back