Pro question - about cue system for recording voice

jkuehlin

Apparently based on Steens comments there are some folks here who have worked on post-production facilities for film and gaming companies.

I'm looking into integrate the EdiCue package into the Pro Tools HD rig for Foley and ADR.

Does anyone who has worked on films and video games have experience with this cue system? And do you happen to know how it differs from the ADR post features which are already included in Nuendo?

In your experience, does it make any difference in the multi-facility workflow? As cues are sent to and from different studios for remote ADR vs Foley vs Dubbing, do the dialogue supervisors even give a shit what prompt system you use as long as it makes sense to the actors when they go in and re-dub their lines? And as long as the audio files lock back up to the picture that is passed to the next audio department? (My company will handle the process of porting the time stamped clips back to PT of course.)

FYI, the EdiCue system is bundled at $3600 for two stations. I can afford it, but my question is really about the necessity of it, given that I'm already highly fluent with this feature in Nuendo.

...and I want to know if the directors and sound divisions of the production companies check for EdiCue compatibility before contracting your company.

Back