Presonus firestudio project

harbingertx

Well, I have been recording drums from my Mackie CR1604 mixer into the line input of my toneport ux1. I can get some decent products, but I hate how it all records into only one track.
I was looking to ditch the mixer here pretty soon and go all digital.
I was wondering, if I recorded drums (7 mics) into the Presonus firestudio project, would it give me 7 separate tracks?

Yep, The Presonus has 10 inputs and you can assign each input to a different track. Now, what DAW are you using to record with?

I just got a Project before christmas and had a heck of a time getting it to sync with my system. I had to first plug it into an old Audigy 1 card's firewire port, then, I had to re-install my dedicated firewire pci card, and only then would the Project sync using my dedicated firewire card and i could remove the old audigy. I don't know why it worked only in this order, but one person above asked what DAW you are using and I think they were referring to the PC/MAC platform. I too got one of these to be able to record 8 tracks of drums at once. After the initial sync issue was solved, this has been the best piece of recording equipment I've owned.

like everyone else as said, "yes" it will do what you want and more. check your system spec with the spec info on their site first. many people have compatibility issues (mainly with vista) make sure to use the latest drivers from the website. mine works perfectly with my imac. also if you plan on using it with a laptop the firwire card needs to be A Texas Instruments chipset. and dont use the multi firewire/usb port cards either (these wont work)

this machine works great for me but i can imagine it has caused hell for others who cant get it to sync. the preamps sound great (really clean) and its very portable

good luck

Back