Presonus Firepod (sub mix for headphone)

mactreouser

Hi,
I'm using the old babe Presonus Firepod as my audio interface. Do I possible to have my Sub Mix to Headphone Mix? I really have no idea how to setup. Hope you could give me some ideas! Appreciate!

I might be able to help if you let me know what you mean by a 'sub-mix'. I usually just organise what I want to hear in the headphones in Reaper (the DAW I use), then adjust the 'mixer' knob on the Firepod to get a mix of payback and source.

I might be able to help if you let me know what you mean by a 'sub-mix'. I usually just organise what I want to hear in the headphones in Reaper (the DAW I use), then adjust the 'mixer' knob on the Firepod to get a mix of payback and source.

Thanks for your patience to offer great help to me!
I wish to use the aux sends as sub mix to the headphone of my talent, so that he could listen or ask for what he wants from the mix for his own taste during recording, then I could remain my mix for monitor speakers.

As what I know, main mix output for monitor speakers as same as Headphone Output. So I can do nothing for Headphone Out vs Main Monitor Out.

I hope you get the picture, haha.

I daresay it can be done.

One way is to send your aux sends (which DAW are you using, by the way) to, say, outputs 3 & 4, then take these from the back of the firepod and into a headphone mixer.

However, if you are tracking someone and they want something specific, why not simply do that? You don't need to hear your own separate mix in monitors at the tracking stage.

Hi,
I'm LPX user.
So, if aux send thru output 3-4, means I have to route the 1/4 (2 Mono) to the Headphone Amp?

Oh, what you suggested were, just mix/fulfill whatever talent wants over the Firepod Headphone Out (which is same Mix to Main Out) . Don't bother how the sound from the Main Speakers, since it isn't the mixing stage. Correct?

Hi,
I'm LPX user.
My only experience with Logic (I assume that's what you mean) is from around the time when it was still available for PC, so I don't know how much it has changed since then.
So, if aux send thru output 3-4, means I have to route the 1/4 (2 Mono) to the Headphone Amp?
Yep, that's what I would do if that was what was required. Currently I have the Firepod's cue/mix outputs going to the headphone amp, and the main CR output going to the monitors. However, were I to want to provide an alternate mix to the headphones, I'd go out of the outs 3 & 4 into the headphone amp.

Oh, what you suggested were, just mix/fulfill whatever talent wants over the Firepod Headphone Out (which is same Mix to Main Out) . Don't bother how the sound from the Main Speakers, since it isn't the mixing stage. Correct?

That's what I would do practically. It's easiest all round. And while tracking, it really doesn't matter what the mix sounds like. For example, if I'm recording someone's backing harmonies, I often send them the notes soloed-in-front, so that they get a clear pitch message.

Back