Preamp Shootout for under £1000

I now subconsciously believe that his version is a cover of your's (you know how that is, when you hear a cover before an original!). :P

I'm excited for your new takes! Are you going to be doing different placements for each mike/pre combo, too?

lol, cheers man! i had a similar thing with a cover of "umbrella" i did years ago. i had a friend who didn't watch TV or listen to the radio so the first time he ever hear Umbrella was my cover and he loved it! he came up to me and said "dude, that new song is awesome!". i then had to explain that it wasn't mine and that it was currently number 1 in the UK singles chart and had been for a number of weeks!

My plan was to each mic in the same placement through the same pre to start with so that the only variant was the mics. however, i think trying 2 or 3 placements on each mic would give a nicer overview as everyone has their own preferred mic placements on acoustic guitars so if i can get a couple of the more conventional mic placements then it gives a more "real world" overview :)

Back