PreAmp or Audio Interface... FOR... Audio Technica AT4050 microphone.

Also i read that mic pre amps are a lot better then audio interfaces when it comes down to quality since the sound doesn't need to be converted in a mic pre amp as it does in a audio interface. i am looking at this mic pre amp. it is called. Mackie Onyx 400F Microphone Preamp FireWire. i also read that macki onyx are really great for recording. so what do you guys think? i was fist thinking about getting a Mbox3 audio interface intill i read preamps are better. im kinda confused. i just want the best choice of either preamp or audio interface for my new microphone. cause i paid alot for it and it's suppose to be a legendary type microphone so i wanna get the best quality i can get out of it. any help would be highly appreciated. thanks my friends.

The Mackie is a solid unit, and is not just a preamp, it is also an Audio Interface. before you buy it, you might want to shop around. DO you have FireWire capability on yoru computer? Do you need 10 channels of preamps?

I have an Audio Technica 4040 that sounds great with my Audient ASP008. I suppose you could try the Audient Mico and see if you get good results as well. It's a bit out of your price range new though ($600 IIRC) but it's two channels and has A/D conversion also. The quality is very good.

sweet

thanks for the input guys i really appreciate it. ya im just trying to look around and see what did other people use for their AT 4050. what preamp or audio interface. i mainly just want to record vocals that is it. i don't make beats or anything just rap pretty well i was told. i just rap over instrumentals. i used a samson G track microphone to record a phew of my old tracks. I got that mic for 60 bucks. only recently i got my income back up again so i was able to buy a good microphone. now im going to buy a a good micpre amp. Also a fire wire card. i am running a i7 3770k desktop pc. with windows 7. 8 gigs of ddr3 ram. pretty fast. i just built it.

anywhoo hear's A track i made with the samson g track mic. this is about a year old. it's been about a good year of me trying to get all this together and now is my chance so im acting up on it so i can get things going... Exclusive Creative Written Freestyle! - YouTube

And hears a live freestyle on the Samson G track. Free Verse. d;) - YouTube

thanks.

any

any buddy have any recommendations of what preamp or audio interface would work great for what i want to do? i also was told the Focusrite ISA One is really good. any help would be appreciated thinks.

Last edited:
any buddy have any recommendations of what preamp or audio interface would work great for what i want to do? i also was told the Focusrite ISA One is really good. any help would be appreciated thinks.
Do you already have audio interface? Yes? Good! No? How do you get the signal to the computer?
I belive there is no point buying a pre when you don't have interface.

Back