post master program? suggestions...

jay Burd

im recording with a Tacam DP-32 SD. I am recording my songs, mixing, and mastering on this machine. once i get my masters into my computer they are a bit quiet. i am wondering if there is some sort of program where i can get my master file into and adjust it, for example maybe an overall EQ of the file and most importantly boost the volume of the file.

thanks

(sidenote) anyone that uses the tascam dp 32 or 24, when you get your master file onto your computer do you know what the difference between the (songname).wav and the (songname).wav_z file?

j

When you first get a DP-24 or 32 you realize quickly that the mastering effects do not include any sort of real limiter............which is oddly missing in my opinion. Anyway.......you can drop the master file into any DAW and with any good limiter you can get decent volume boost without compromising your mix much if at all. I'm assuming you normalize your master as well in the DP-32. If you don't have a DAW you can use a program called Audio Mastering Suite which can be helpful for volume boost and a few other things too. I think you can get it here for free. Audio Mastering Suite It renders a .wav file. I personally use Reaper as a DAW alongside my Tascam and I often drop tracks back and forth between the two.........and I use Reaper to process my master .wav files because of the limitations of the Tascam.

As for your question regarding the two different song name files in the AUDIO folder of the DP-32...........I have no idea but I have used both to transfer from the unit. My guess is that the "songname.wav" file is the correct one. If you ever get any explanation what the difference is......let me know.

Back