Pod Farm

nialldoran

Didnt know which forum to drop this in so ill put it here,

was wondering if you need Line6 or POD hardware to run any version of podfarm was thinking of picking up a copy and want to be sure first,

also if anyone uses it, what versions do you use, like, recommend etc, id be using it mainly for metal, reamping of DI signals (obviously) but, prob other things too,
Thanks
niall

you need an interface....and not just the GX version if you want to run it as a VST..

It has great vocal preamp software and bass and guitar but doesnt have the tone of the new Amplitube or the flexibility of GR4

Its just been upgraded but Im not sure if that was more amp models or an actual revamp of the software..

Try Overlouds TH-1 demo, or the cut down Triode version, or Softubes Metal Room...they may be better than all of the above

I have V 1.03 (it was a free upgrade after I bought the Guitarport interface.

Like has already been said, you need an interface - something to convert your guitar signal to a digital signal.

I like Podfarm (having had no experience with any other software except the gearbox that came with the Guitarport originally. There are lots of upgrades available if you are looking for particular equipment simulations or effects.
I've liked the sound I get running guitar-guitarport-podfarm-guitarport to small Fender practice amp.

If you've already got the tracks recorded in your DAW then you don't need the hardware. You can run it as a VST on your track. I do it all the time. And I have the GX version. I like it, but I have nothing to compare it to.

thanks for the replies, yeah i shoudve been more clear in my OP, i have an interfaace to record, no problems i just had it in my head that podfarm was like protools in the way that you need hardware to run the software,

but id mainly be useing the amp-sim for other peoples work who send me stuff to mix and its just DI'ed, been happening alot recently so i have to get some kind of decent amp software,

i personally mic an amp for my own recordings, :D, ill definatly check out the other sims recommended before taking the plunge though, thanks, thats cleared things up for me, :D

i just had it in my head that podfarm was like protools in the way that you need hardware to run the software

Yes you need to have the Line6 hardware connected and registered for Pod Farm to work. If you use it as a VST, your signal can come from a different interface though

Marc

You could always take the track out to an amp and record it with a mic.

i tried to do this a few times and it annoys me, not because its time consuming or anything id do anything for a better sound but i just dont know if its possible with my interface to be able to, i always end up getting feedback, (coming from the amp, not headphones or monitors) if you had any ideas on how to do it with an alesis multimix 8 USB then id definatly do this before buying an amp sim, it was one of the other things i was going to look in to before i bought anything for reamping, but i dont think i fully understand how itd work, i always imagined that sending something out from an interface then recording it back in would always cause feedback, maybe im wrong,

if anyone has ideas id appreciate it, maybe i should have put this in the newb forum:laughings:

thanks again for all the replies though

Just checking out this forum thought maybe I'd give my input. I use Pod farm V2 and love it. Not only as an amp modeling software but I really like the delays and reverbs that come along with it. I tend to even use the digital delay from pod farm for most vocals that I mix. Really awesome software though.

HI as you guys have been discussing Pad Farm, can I ask if any of you know an answer to the following: Im using Pod Farm with Cubase as a VST. Can I hear the different setting on Pod Farm BEFORE I record my guitar part? So far it seems I have to record a guitar part and THEN select a setting from Pod Farm. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

You just necro-ed an almost-4-year-old thread! Try starting a new one in the future.

What version of PodFarm are you using? If it is 2.51, then you have the full version, insert it on your track, turn on the track monitoring and you can hear the fx while you play. Depending on you settings, you may experience some latency doing this.

Back