pitch correction on stand alone DAWs

I have a Roland VS-1680. If I purchased some sort of pitch correcting device, how would I use it with my recorder ?

I used Roland products for about 16 years. 880-1880-2480. Just retired my 2480 last month and sunk about $10k into computers, protools, digital mixers ect. Still loved the Roland. It was just time.

For years I used a single rack space Antares tuner. (They are all over ebay) I came out of the left output of the Roland, into the tuner, and back into a Chanel. You have to mute all channels not being tuned. (1 at a time) and keep the volume of the new tuned Chanel off.

It worked well.

I used Roland products for about 16 years. 880-1880-2480. Just retired my 2480 last month and sunk about $10k into computers, protools, digital mixers ect. Still loved the Roland. It was just time.

For years I used a single rack space Antares tuner. (They are all over ebay) I came out of the left output of the Roland, into the tuner, and back into a Chanel. You have to mute all channels not being tuned. (1 at a time) and keep the volume of the new tuned Chanel off.

It worked well.

So you generally start another track for the vocals, for instance ? What if you only need to auto-tune 2 notes. Maybe I don't understand how something like that works. Can you explain further? and thanks.

That's exactly what you have to do. You have to play the track into the auto-tune box and record what comes out of the box onto another channel.

One of the downsides to having an all-in-one recording system is that you only have what Roland decided to give you. They didn't give you a way to tune vocals internally, so you are screwed unless you do something like was described earlier. If it isn't an effect that you can purchase from Roland, you can't have it in your recorder.

Roland did make some plug in type software from Antares for the 2480. I hated it and went back to the stand alone box.

The stand alone units have a bypass so you could only tune the two notes to a new Chanel and then switch the original one to a virtual track which would free it up for something else. It does work good and I would recommend you pick one up. They work better as a unit to catch what you might have missed , more than a superhuman pitch corrector.

Antares makes the original auto-tune box. They are probably pretty cheap at this point because most people use the software.

Iy works the same way, but I think the pedal has a mic input and you would need a line input.

Back