Phone calls in the studio

mastahnke

Linux Man...
Does anyone else seem to always get phone calss the minute you start tracking? The phone is in the control section of the home studio, but still the ring is picked up by the condenser mics. I was wondering if anyone knows any magic tricks to get a light to light, (really bright) when ringing, and not make a noise. I know that some radio stations use them. Does anyone here use them? I konw I can get one of those cheap see-through phones and turn off the ringer, and they will light up, but I would like to be able to put a light bulb above the control area so people in the control room and the studio can see the phone ring.

Thanks
MIKE

YesI I use a light instead of a ringer in my control room. I have had this device for many years and I don't remember where I bought it.

But Radio Shack sells two different models of this unit. One has a strobe light and the other has an outlet like mine, so you can plug in your own lamp that will light when you get a call.

I can't tell you how many times this has saved a vocal recording that would have been ruined by the ringer. It's fun two!

Dom Franco

Back