phase reversal

Fishmed

From my experience, whenever you add another audio source to an existing mix, the previous frequencies are changed. I seriously doubt that you will be able to cancel out the background noise. I know this is not the answer you where looking for.
What I would recommend doing is going back and wear the headphones. Now I don't know if you did this before, but put some of your sax signal into your headphones so that you can hear what you are doing, and the same with vocals.

I have a problem when I record vocals or say sax, I don't like using headphones. I tried recording sax with the monitors playing the other tracks in open air. Obviously you can hear the other instruments on the sax track. But I recorded also on another track exactly like i did the sax track but not playing the sax. So what I have is two tracks one with the sax and the background music, and another exactly the same as the sax track without the sax. I know you can reverse the phase of the track with no sax on it and the next step is what I need to know how to do. I am trying to get rid of the background music on the sax track. There is a plugin in saw that allows you to do this but it doesn't work, or I am doing something wrong. The physics of it is the two exact wavforms will null each other out leaving you with just the sax. any ideas on how to do this?

Bob

I forgot to mention it works if you bring two tracks in saw and reverse the phase with the plugin, when you playback you hear nothing. which means it nulled everything out, because the tracks were exactly the same.

Back