Is online studio trustworthy?

Luisa4489

Hi
I have been into song writing since last two months and I think I can go on with composing a few of them. I have been in search of good composing teams when I came across an affordable online studio. I have gone through their service history and got good feedback. But I am little confused on going with online recording and mixing. Is it ok to give it a try? Have anyone gone through this phase?
Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the reputation of this particular company, but online mixing and mastering is a viable option. Hell, even Abbey Road offers online mixing and mastering services. Online recording though, I don't think that's a thing…LOL. And also steer clear of instant mastering services (like Landr). Anything that can "master" your track with just a few clicks is not going to turn out well.

This type of service has been asked about before and the answer is not easy.
Do you have $950 to spend on one song to get it recorded and produced for you?
It's your money and only you can answer that question.
I don't know anyone here who has used their service - I suspect that is because this is Home Recording and everyone here records their own songs.

Those prices are REALLY high... $950 for two instruments (so... guitar and drums?), plus you still have to find a way to record your own vox?

I'd shop around a bit more. You're probably actually better off going piecemeal. Negotiating a random musician of Craigslist (or homerecording.com!) should get you to $50-$100 for each instrument (for good results), and a professional-quality mix and master can get as low as $150-$250. (USD)

I have seen this before.

I will say the same thing I did last time...

The only way you can trust a web based 'anything' really is to investigate and make sure it is legit. I would personally make sure to have a direct spoken conversation with at least a human before sending any money. At the very least, do one song to see if they are worthy.

I am personally very skeptical of this site just because of the way it is presented. That does not mean they are not honest. Just means that I have personal doubts.

That being said, if the price they are quoting involves actual studio musicians writing and performing music for you, then it is not unreasonable. If it is a guy in a basement using sims to fake instruments, then it is way overpriced.

Then you have to take into consideration as to whether the studio musicians and producer/arrangers are the right fit for your particular project.

Honestly, I would say you are better off spending more time here on the forum and find members that are willing to work with you.

Then comes the question; Is what you have to offer worth the money or time for others? A paid site like that will not likely help to direct you in your craft. They will likely take your money and do what they can with what you give them.

For that kind of money, I would rather see you buy enough gear to find what you have first on your own. Improve on your talent, then worry about the rest.

Trust me, there are people here that will help you.

Hi
I have been into song writing since last two months and I think I can go on with composing a few of them.

Why would you pay to have strangers record YOUR tunes? For one thing they will never have the vision of your music that you will. Learn how to do it yourself, at least rough demos.

Hey man! Not to toot my own horn but I have a online mixing and mastering company. I have been mixing and mastering for over 15 years working with tons of major and indie artists. Feel free to check out my site to hear some examples, and give me a call or email anytime if you have any questions.
I know buying online can be sketchy but 95% of my clients return for another mix or master.

Hey man! Not to toot my own horn but I have a online mixing and mastering company. I have been mixing and mastering for over 15 years working with tons of major and indie artists. Feel free to check out my site to hear some examples, and give me a call or email anytime if you have any questions.
I know buying online can be sketchy but 95% of my clients return for another mix or master.

how the hell did you keep your sanity after mixing that mattytrump - leikeli track ?

Two posts linking to YOUR 'services'. Looks like spam to me.

I'm not familiar with the reputation of this particular company, but online mixing and mastering is a viable option. Hell, even Abbey Road offers online mixing and mastering services. Online recording though, I don't think that's a thing…LOL. And also steer clear of instant mastering services (like Landr). Anything that can "master" your track with just a few clicks is not going to turn out well.

i've used Abbey Road for mastering, pretty neat. u get to pick the engineer after sorting through their vast resumes. $$ though. 200+ to master 5 minutes

Back