Note Sounding off

Chuku

Hey All,

Just finished a guitar recording and i am in the phase of mixing it (through Headphone) and giving it more charm. Now i am in a very strange problem. When i listen the recording from just one side of headphone, i found that one note sounds off. I hit the 2nd string "F#" Note and let it ring while plucking other strings and it sounds off (only F#).. But when i put headphone to both my ears, it sounds fine..
WTF :cursing:

Very strange issue

I had tuned the guitar very well before hitting the record button but i got this strange issue.
Headphone on both ear sounds fine but headphone on only one ear, OFF NOTE.
Anyone faced the similar issue? What might be wrong?
:facepalm:

How did you even discover that? lol.
My gut would be saying ignore it if it sounds fine in stereo but I can understand wanting to figured it out.

Could be as simple as a really subtle clash with a ringing tom/snare or something like.
Music isn't made up of perfection and 'clashes' often become greater than the sum of the parts. That's harmony and texture.

Of course, wrong notes are just wrong notes. :p

Think of a stereo chorus, though. It's all it does is make what you played slightly late and/or out of tune.

Wan't to share the song with a time index and pitch reference?

How did you even discover that? lol.
My gut would be saying ignore it if it sounds fine in stereo but I can understand wanting to figured it out.

Think of a stereo chorus, though. It's all it does is make what you played slightly late and/or out of tune.

Wan't to share the song with a time index and pitch reference?

Ok here it goes. small clip from the recording. converted to mp3.
you can listen at exactly 6 seconds and between 7 and 8 second the clip plays. It hits the higher pitch in 2nd string and sustains little.
listened it with only one ear gives you flat note (sounds off).
Also can you tell me if the guitar sounds good/ not and what can i do for sounding it more better. Its a raw not processed.

Thanks

Attachments

• Clip_.mp3
    193.6 KB · Views: 6
Hey,
Thanks for the attachment.

Ok, so that's interesting.
Sounds like you're describing the top string sustained F#, which I think is a little flat.
It's maybe just more obvious one one side 'cos one side is a little brighter?

The the recurring C# (so B string) is flat throughout. That caught my ear straight away.

It's not awful but enough to notice it.

So did you listened it with headphones on both ear?lol
it sounds tuned while on both ear. don't you think?
Do you think i need to retake the whole recording? :facepalm:

Yeah, I hear it equally on both sides or with both sides.

I think it would be worth it. It's a nice recording and nice playing. May as well get the best out of it. :)

Back