Need a piece of equipment, not sure what...

Benreturns

Eventually i willbe getting a CD burner to produce my demo's from my Tascam 488 to CD.

However to save me getting the perfect mix everytime (and the SAME mix) i need something i can do one mix onto, which i can then use at anytime to burn off to CD without remixing, hooking up external effects etc... like a storage device - but with no generation in sound loss so its as fresh as my 488. Does such a thing exist?
Im thinking a DAT machine could be the answer, but understand thats tape... What is the sound quality like on these things? Would i loose much quality between my 488 and a DAT and ultimately CD?

You can get an Audiophile 2496 for $150, and use the free Audacity software for recording and editing your mixes. Add a cable to go from the outputs of the Tascam to the Audiophile's inputs, and you're there.

I can't think of a reasonably effective solution cheaper than that.

Ah i forgot to mention i need some hardware type thing. I have a comp but its not really practical since its in a different room n also only has a 1gig hardrive (which has 90% full already!)

Thanks anyway!

Sorry. You didn't provide very much information, so I made some assumptions. Add another few hundred to the budget for a nice used computer. :D

Back