In need of help.

itsonlyme

I write a lot of lyrics but I need to be able to get the melody and chords from paper into audio.(MP3)..Does any member have a favourite way or who can suggest the best software for this..I have "band in a box" but it sounds so unreal and amateur IMO

I would appreciate any assistance.

Itsonlyme.:guitar:

Thought for the day: If sponges didn't grow in the ocean, think how much deeper it would be......

Pretty much this entire site is dedicated to answering your question. I think you're trying to ask something more specific - please can you clarify?

I guess what I was really asking is, is there a general concensus as to the best software, or is it like most things an opinion and choice.? Although over 45 years as a pro guitarist all the recording I have been involved in has been in a recording studio and no experience of home recording, I am also now 70 and have Bi-polar disorderand as one ages it becomes more difficult to absorb new things.

Regards Itsonlyme. Phil playing guitar.jpg

It's mostly opinion and preference but there are suites that are generally accepted to be better suited to 'beatmaking' or beginners.

Many of the top programs have subforums on this board. Protools, logic, cubase, reaper etc.
Have a look. :)

PS. Wouldn't it be shallower without the sponges?

Last edited:
FL studio, Ableton, and Studio One are great to start with.

If you wanna go pro, pick up ProTools or my favorite: Cubase 6.5!

Questions:
1) What's your budget?
2) How much time and effort are you willing to put into learning the techniques, whats and what-ifs of home recording?
3) What's the purpose of the MP3s? (share with others, auditions, for sale ...)

Sounds more like you want a 'make me a hit song' button or app.

Doesn't exist. There is no magic.

If you want 'real', you have to play for real and record it.

Best software? Like asking what the best guitar is. Answer is - it depends...

I'd suggest you get a standalone unit if you're worried about comprehending things - they're easier, if more limited in functionality, but I'm guessing from your picture you're not going to be pushing the envelope with production trickery...

Good luck

you could buy any number of smart phone apps that act as a multitrack and just preform rough recordings of your ideas.

I am 70 and have Bi-polar disorder

...inexplicable weirdly cropped random picture of dude making weird face...
I call troll/alias.
Me, too... but I'll throw in some minimal answers on the off chance we're wrong (if what he says is true - minimal answers are all he needs anyway).
I guess what I was really asking is, is there a general concensus as to the best software
No and there never will be. It's like asking which calculator is best...exactly like that, in fact.
or is it like most things an opinion and choice.?
Yes. If you're starting from scratch and don't even know what MIDI is, go with Reaper. I use Cubase, but Reaper is the shiznit and has the brightest future, IMO. It's also only $60.

Sounds more like you want a 'make me a hit song' button or app.

Doesn't exist. There is no magic.

If you want 'real', you have to play for real and record it.

I really do know how to suck eggs, honestly.!! ha ha.

I am 70 years of age have played guitar for 55 years + 45 of them as a pro in North America, U.K. and Australia. However, due to a long term illness I am not up to speed with what software is available for me to transfer music from my head to MP3...The reason that I need this is I was awarded a songwriting contract by a Nashville publisher and need to provide music with lyrics..
contract paramount.jpg

I think I will wait until I am feeling a bit better then I can search out what I need for myself.. Thanks to all for your comments "Its best to keep quiet and let people think you are an idiot than to speak and put the matter beyond all doubt" Have a good one...
Regards Itsonlyme

Back