My songs change tempo a LOT and I need some sort of click track, so how do I do this?

RockNSoul

Well the opening intro is about 10 seconds and then it goes to the verse which is about 30 second then a little prechorus which is about ten seconds then the chorus which is about 30 seconds and so on...... all of these parts are at a different tempo than the other.....and the chorus has a sort of build up where I start playing faster as it gets further along........

I'm new to trying to record over drum loops and am sick of having a bunch of guitar riffs and no full songs, so I'll do what it takes to learn, but can someone set me on the right path for this?

Also I have an acid drum loop thats a tad too fast.....is there anyway to slow it down a little?

I'm using protools and reason 3.0......

Thanks for any help!
-Chase

Y'all have any drummers over there in ... wherever it is you're at ?

:D

They're usually head cases, and they always show up late ... but they're awful handy to have around.

Acid (the audio program, not the drug) allows for tempo changes and putting them in places is super easy. Perhaps you should try it.

Madaudio for the win! Hahaha thanks a ton! I will have to take a few to fully understand it but I'm gettin there.

Thanks,
-Chase

Just mark and count the tempo changes and use any of your programs to stretch the tempo or just write the drum parts to fit the tempo changes... Treat it just like it was a time signature change... If it's in the middle of a measure then any time stretching tool will work for that if it's not in the middle of a measure then just adjust the tempo of the original drum track...

Reason makes that easy by allowing you to have multiple control tracks for each drum track... I'm not sure about acid though I haven't played with that program since before it got bought by Sony...

Back