Monitors levels still coming through even when turned all the way down

Trilltrax

As the title says. On my left monitor I can still hear audio faintly when the knob on my mixer is turned all the way down.

Im using Mackie MR5's with 1/4 cables. Monitors into mbox 2 mini, mbox into my behringer mixer.
I've disconnected. cleaned, and tighened the cables and this has done nothing.

My right monitor is completely silent.

Im using Mackie MR5's with 1/4 cables. Monitors into mbox 2 mini, mbox into my behringer mixer.

It really helps to think and write in terms of signal flow. Signal can't flow from monitors into anything but the air and your ears. If you rephrase the above so it better describes the signal flow we can do more helping and less guessing.

Exactly. What you wrote doesn't make any sense. You are coming out of something and going into the monitors, not the other way around. What is feeding the monitors and the volume control that is controlling the monitors is the important one.

Try again, but explain it following the signal from where it starts to where it ends (the monitors)

Well, guessing from his backwards description, hes got the Behr mixer going to the Mbox, monitors plugged into that, and it's the Behringer mixer at fault!

Back