"monitors"

The point has come where I inevitably need tp purchase some monitors. My problem is that i simply dont have thee 400+ CAN dollars to spend. I looked at a nice set of powered ones, amp built in, and one person I was talking to said this is what I will need to do my mixing and such. Is 400 an average price for monitoring your mixes and such? I dont plan on having a great studio when its finished, about 1500.00 total, but I want to ensure than I am getting a true playback of whats on the computer. I have heard the horror stories of people thinking they can mix with a pair of cans, im a newb and this struck me as a "nono" right from beginning. Anyone have any suggestions as to a price range I would want to look at, or if anyone would suggest me purchasing used ones? Thanks alot guys

Depends on the quality & size....you can get m-audio monitors and smaller yorkvilles for around $300-$400 and they do a good job. If you need more power then KRK V6 or V8's......Mackies and the like will run upwards of $700 to well over $1000 for a pair. (powered that is)

Back