mixing

REGGAE MAN

Greetings.what is the cheapest way to get decent quality from a mixdown?And i have no clue what to use fe a mixdown.Thanx,Jah bless!

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you have all your tracks recorded and are trying to get a final mix down or are you trying to get a recording mastered or what?

Hey REGGAE man Im still not sure what you want to do. If you could post your setup and what your lacking to do the job and be specific I could give a better tip.

Like everyone says on this site, when mixing down you want to listen to it on as many different systems as possible. If you have any axess to a nice big stereo at a freinds house or a car system or at a stereo store even it would be best to try it on a few of them.

I dont know how nice your recorder is (posting the brand and model would help alot!) but you should have the option to pan the trcks throughout the stereo spectrum (from left to right), and a line out to use effects to blend all the tracks together. I use a touch of the same kinda reverb on the whole mix to make the tracks blend better.

OK REGGEA HEAD, I was reading another post and I know what you were asking. For some reason when I was reading your posts your question wasnt clicking in my head.

If you have your tracks down and you want to record them there are a few mediums to do that (tape, CD, minidisk, DAT's etc.) Since you mentioned a little stereo Ill assume that its a tape. There should be two 1/4" or two RCA out plugs on your recorder. There may be two RCA IN plugs on your stereo but if there isnt then a mic IN or line IN 1/8" plug will work.

Youll want to buy a cable that has either 2 RCA plugs on both sides or a set of 1/4" on one side and RCA on the other OR either one of those two on one side and an 1/8" on the other.

Just plug the two plugs into the recorder on the line OUT and plug in the 1/8" phone plug in the stereo IN or MIC plug. Then put the stereo on the mode where you hear the microphone on it. Press record on the stereo and you should be in business.

Hope thats what you wanted.

Back