Midi Question....

psyclones prod.

I have my roland xp-60 keyboard hooked up to my mpc2000xl through midi. I have a couple midi tracks recorded on the mpc sequencer. Whenever I try to load up the saved midi tracks on the mpc to play back, the instruments on the midi tracks are all screwed up. The tones of the tracks are all deeper and distorted. Why is this? The midi settings on the keyboard are exactly the same as when the midi tracks were first recorded. Someone please get at me with some info!! Thanks.
Psyclones

It sounds like you could be running into midi feedback problems....

Are you running the midi in/out at the same time? what it sounds like is that the mpc is triggering the notes and the keyboard itself is sending the notes back to the mpc and then back and on on and on....weird way to explain it i know but it could be the reason..it happens to me sometimes when i record knob movements.

Try either turning your local off on your keyboard or just disconnecting the midi out from the keyboard until you need to record again..Hope this helps

J Negative

You need to set the program change message to contain sys ex (system exclusive) messages. So that when the program changes it loads all the instrument numbers. It may take some manual study.:eek:

Back