MIDI and PC

bsr2002

Denny Crane
Hi,

I'm really into orchestration, I have some samples of my originals production here using a sequencer and live keyboards. My question is if I MIDI this thru to my Cakewalk software will I be able seperate all the tracks for editing or am I just dreaming?

You can check out my music samples here.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/benrillo/singles

Sounds aren't bad for an old synth.

If you open midi in cakewalk, you can seperate all the tracks and and so all kinds of editing, but if you try to send audio mix into cakewalk, you cannot seperate all the individual tracks, I am not sure what you are trying to ask in your question.
If you have a midi, you can run it through any synth anytime to upgrade/update its sound quality. if you have a audio mix, you cannot convert it to midi. Is that helpful?

I think so,
What I'm trying to say for example, I make a song or already had a song in my workstation. So if I were to use the midi connections into my computer and into my software I should be able to separate all of my 16 tracks into the software where I would be able to edit or fix wrong notes, quantize or even add more tracks.
Sorry I've never used PC for recording before, but would like to see what my limitations would be.

bsr2002 said:
I think so,
What I'm trying to say for example, I make a song or already had a song in my workstation. So if I were to use the midi connections into my computer and into my software I should be able to separate all of my 16 tracks into the software where I would be able to edit or fix wrong notes, quantize or even add more tracks.
Sorry I've never used PC for recording before, but would like to see what my limitations would be.

If you have MIDI data saved as a MIDI file you can import it into a software sequencer and the sequencer will open up all of the tracks in the file so you may edit them in any way you want.

If you run a MIDI Out from a MIDI controller or synth into a MIDI IN of a computer that has a MIDI interface you can record a live performance as a MIDI sequence in your sequencing software and edit it any way you want.

Back