midi files/vsti

fkeefe

Hi All,I haven't been on here for quite sometime because of illness which Im over now...my question which is related to music midi files Ive d/loaded from a company.... now because Ive never done Im having problems trying to drag and drop them into either my Fruity Loops sequencer or Real Band which is part of the software by PG Musics Band In A Box..hope someone can help...Ive listened to the d/l files and have been told I need vsti instruments to play them eg drums bass organ etc.

Depends, is there some external instrument that you are trying to send the signals too, like a keyboard or sound module? Otherwise, you will need something to translate the MIDI data to an analog signal. The MIDI is just data that requires something to transform the data a desired sound. I say it like that because the beauty of MIDI is, one can try various sounds/instruments with it to determine what sounds the best for the situation.

If you don't have an external sound, there are VSTis you can download for free while you are getting you head wrapped around the concept. Then maybe purchase higher grade VSTi's if required.

Hope this helps.

Back