mic delay weird

RobbieD

Hey guys, up until today my mic had no problems, but now it seems that when i sing into it, it take it a while to play back in my headphones, like a weird delay or chorus, it doesnt take too too long, but enuff for me to freak out lol, anyone know wat could be the problem, how can i get it back to being spot on zero latency like it used to be...

ok another thing i just discovered i cubase everything is alright its in logic 9 that its slow... anyone know how to fix it

What kind of A/D hardware (converter) are you using?
I know with mine, the live signal is monitored off the hardware, so at least with that there is no latency.
I can monitor the mic output from the hardware, without even putting the DAW app into "Rec/Play".

If you are saying that the mic signal is delayed *relative* to the audio that's already been recorded...then that's a latency issue, but if just the mic signal, your hardware shouldn't be delaying it....????

If it sounds like a chorus sound then this is something to do with your input monitoring.
In Cubase press the monitor button; the little (brown) button on the track you are recording to and see what happens to the chorus sound.

G

ok now its doing it non stop its really annoying lol im using the motu 8pre. i dunt think its the 8 pre tho because in cubase its spot on i can hear it, but in logic i sing in the mic and its delayed and sounds chorusy, and i messed around with the buffersizes and it didnt go back to being right on time... help pleaaase :(

Did you push the monitor button? That will stop you hearing 2 versions of the same thing thus stopping the chorus sound. The chorus sound is from the 2 signals being slightly delayed with each other.

G

Back