Major Bang For The Buck Powered Monitors

drbluezz

I would like some recommendations for powered nearfield monitors under $1000 (each) for my home studio. My recordings are all acoustic except for electric bass. I'm a bluegrass guitar and mandolin player. Looking for some "giant killer" powered monitors. Thank you for your suggestions.

Tom

I would go with the Avatone Mix Tower. A 3 way monitor with 2 different modes. They run around 1400-1600 a pair.

The AVANTONE PRO MIXTOWER loudspeaker system, is an extension of the renowned AVANTONE MIXCUBE. Many production environments do not have the space for multiple speaker systems, so we developed the MixTower as a dual purpose monitor. The custom MixCube driver is mounted in an isolated box the exact dimensions of the MixCube. Run in MixCube mode, the driver responds full range, just like the MixCube. Run in three way mode, the driver is crossed over at 120Hz and 8000Hz to give the system a more natural studio monitor sound.

The Mix Cube was the standard reference monitor before the NS-10. It was made by a company called Auratone back in those days.

littlepapercones are good too, an old auratone clone but much better and more accurate, I use a mono one.

Damn, I was interested in that, but they're a UK company, so shipping would be a bitch. Price ain't bad either, probably around $250 USD.

Check out the Event PS8's they show up used for 200-300 quite often and sound great. They also made 6's.

I would like some recommendations for powered nearfield monitors under $1000 (each) for my home studio. My recordings are all acoustic except for electric bass. I'm a bluegrass guitar and mandolin player. Looking for some "giant killer" powered monitors. Thank you for your suggestions.

OK - that's $2k a pair.

At this price I would get the Neumann KH120A :thumbs up:

Back