Mackie 1220i + external pedal with DAW

BlahZayy1190

I'm looking into possibly buying the Mackie 1220i Onyx Firewire mixer. I have a question before I make my choice and I hope you guys can help me out.

I have projects that are multitracked (or stemmed ie each part of the song has its own channel). I want to run a few tracks, one at a time, out through my external RE-20 Space Echo pedal and then record the wet signal, back onto a new stereo channel.

The Mackie 1220i mixer says on page 23 of the owners manual "Channel 11/12 can be fed by two outputs from the computer. This is useful for virtual instruments that want to be "just another channel" among hardware instruments."

So I'm assuming that means I can assign a multitrack channel from my DAW to this hardware Mackie Channel and use the Aux Send knobs to apply Aux FX to the channel correct? If so, how would I record the wet signal BACK into the DAW, without creating a feedback loop?

Would I just play the channel through my hardware channel and make a new stereo track inside my DAW, mute it and arm record?

All I have to go with right now is just by what I'm reading. I don't own the Mackie 1220i, just trying to figure out if it can achieve this before I buy it. Thank you!

Back