looking for new DAW Software

Metalcore12

Hey Guys,

I could use your help any recommendations if possible. My current sett-up Presonus AudioBox UsB. running on Mac OSx Mavericks. Im currently using Presonus studio one 2. I'm getting very frustrated with it . I added a few plugin some work and some don't work 9 assuming compatibility issues. Im Primary using my set up for recording vocals and guitar( metal/djent). I was doing some research and came across Cubase and logic express? are those two worth getting (money/ audio quality/friendlinesss with wave pluginsor other third party effect plugins)

Thanks

Logic Express is gone now, just full Logic for $199. Worth it, especially if you do a lot of midi.

Personally I use Reaper. Demo is fully functional and full license is only $60.

I seem to remember one program being fickle about 3rd party plugs; maybe it was Presonus One. If I remember correctly, you have to upgrade to the highest level to remove restrictions for 3rd party plugs.

Cubase, Sonar, ProTools, etc are all about the same in performance and quality. It really comes down to which user interface and buttonology you are most comfortable with. All will allow the use of 3rd party plugs. If you can try out before buying, you can get a sense of which feels good to you.

Personally, I'm in the Cubase camp and use Cubase Artist 6.5.

Back