Legends in the Field Influencing their Craft

Nice calming words RAMI. Well put and poignant. :)

-Did I just use that word? Ugh.. I gotta go shoot myself now...

Yes, very calming. OOOOHHHHM!
I'll try to remember that rat's ass, disgusting and rampant are not harsh words. OOOHHHMM!

I don't give a disgusting rat's rampant ass what you think!!!!!!!!

:D

Yes, very calming. OOOOHHHHM!
I'll try to remember that rat's ass, disgusting and rampant are not harsh words. OOOHHHMM!

One persons use of language is not necessarily considered 'harsh' to everyone. To you obviously. But RAMI had a point, he did not direct it to 'you' personally, so your 'offense' is personal. That is why I stated 'That is on you IMO'.

Sorry man.

Oooohhhmmm....

:D

If I may attempt to be a calming effect here :D....I think Broken read Gerg's comment as "I don't know why YOU worship these producers so much....", when he really just meant that he didn't get all the (general) hero worship of producers.

Yes this. ^^^^^^^^^

It wasn't directed at anyone specifically, just a general comment about producer worship. It happens a lot in here, out there, in magazines, and I can't stand it. I don't know why that's offensive, but fuck it. This is the internet. Everything is offensive to someone,.

Down through the years, there have been many great producers.
Who influences your recording techniques? Who else gives you those great ideas that push your mark?
For me it's always been far more down to what I've read than anything I've heard and wanted to emulate. I can't honestly recognize any kind of signature sound from a producer or engineer.
I noticed, when reading Ken Scott's autobiography that he engineered a track on Pink Floyd's album "A saucerful of secrets." But it didn't sound somehow any different from the other sounds on the other 6 tracks. Or if you listen to "Led Zeppelin 2" or "Deep Purple in rock", each were recorded while each band was on the road touring; at different studios and very higgledy piggledy.
But both albums sound pretty unified to me.
So producers and engineers have always been people I've been fascinated by, more for their opinions and stories and descriptions of what they've done and who they've worked with and how they got into it.
When I listen to music, I listen to the songs first, the individual elements second. I don't hear the production. I don't really know what that is in specific.
I just record, pan and balance !

Back