LA610SE to Mike-E Vocal Chain?

BigEZ

The Devil Has Blue Eyes
Currently I have an LA-610SE (NOS Tubes/Cinemag Transformers) running into an API 525 while tracking vox. I only use the T4 on the LA-610 for very mild compression while tracking vox...I don't use the compression on the 525 at all since I find its far too easy to get out of hand with compression on the 525 but instead use it in the OFF position because I LOVE the "sound" the 525 imparts by just having the signal running thru it.

I have a Mike-E on the way because I wanted a second chain...should be here next week. The main thing I want to take advantage of is that saturation sound. Do you think it would make any sense to run the LA-610SE into the Mike-E, leave it at 1:1 compression to take advantage of the saturation and perhaps the HF circuit? I don't see a way to bypass the pre on the Mike-E from the manual, so I'm wondering if you think there is an issue with running from the LA-610SE into the preamp of the Mike-E before hitting the saturation?

Thanks,

ROK

Go out of the line out of the 610 into the line in of the Mike-E. You'll need an XLR -> TRS cable.

Cheers :)

Back