Korg D1600 - d1600mk2 not working?

sandpiper

Hello Guys,

Just repaired two D1600mk2 machines by simply replacing surface mount fuses on circuit board KLM 2237.

Had no idea it would be that simple (a bit fiddly as you have to solder very small fuses to top of circuit board).

You can get circuit diagram from guitar parts dot com. It's emailed to you.

Cheers,

Gordon.

I had one of those years ago and really loved it! Glad to see that people are still using that one. I sold it after I got a Korg D3200 several years ago.

Also got a Korg 3200 now. I've now repaired a 3rd d1600's having built it from parts from old used/ broken ones; 2 x d1600 and 1 x mk2. Pity they made a backward move re the touch screen and swap-able HDD's.

Hello,

Had that problem and solutions are;

1) replace worn out switch on circuit board* or

2) it might be the plastic button array that has broken.

I've had to replace button arrays on both d1600 & d3200. They simply break after constant use. There are some vids on YouTube how to open machines.

Parts can be got straight from Korg website support page under Spares & Repairs page.

Just opening up these machines to gain access is a major job.

*If you are going to attempt to clean switch, due to its design, you will need to give cleaning solution time to dissipate, evaporate, from inside switch. If you switch on right away it will simply short circuit (been there, done that). Needs at least couple of hours/ a day, depending on how much you spray into switch. (Just did a wee experiment with old damaged D1600 board, hence delay in responding. That test board was destroyed when my Digitech Twintube pre-amp fell onto it.)

Cheers,

Sandpiper.

I've used a very short squirt of De-Oxit contact cleaner into the side of a few intermittent buttons on my Tascam 2488NEO. It has generally worked very well with absolutely no side effects and the De-Oxit is formulated to not harm plastics or components.
I have an old D1600 that I never had a problem with the buttons, so I can't say if the De-Oxit would help or not, but I would not hesitate to give it a try before disassembly and replacement of the button switches..

Hello Arcaxis,

The reason I'm advising caution is the design of switch. It's a sealed switch. I used switch cleaner on faulty switch years ago and immediately disabled my d1600. Bought a new one. It was only recently that I repaired that particular d1600. (It caused a blown internal fuse on circuit board which I only located after acquiring d1600 circuit diagram. Probably sprayed too much cleaner and filled switches. Did them all.)

I use Servisol switch cleaner, also fine on plastics. (I'm from Scotland.)

I've still got my first recorder, Tascam 464.

Then moved on to Roland VS-880 which had the most complicated mixer set up on the planet. That aside, it was best sounding due to great effects.

Oh, and both still working perfectly.

Cheers,

Sandpiper.

Help for D1600MKII Please

Hello,
I have a Korg D1600 MkII. My machine goes into 'blinking light' standby mode at various times. Sometimes 30 seconds after starting.... sometimes several hours after. In other words... I press 'Main Power" (on the back of the machine) and then it goes to 'Standby Mode". I then press 'ON' on the front panel to power up the machine. After a while the machine freezes and the 'Standby Mode' light flashes.

I have purchased on old D1600 (non MkII) for parts. I'm not sure who to call in 2020! I love this machine as it sits by my digital piano and I'm able to launch it on a moments notice to capture new compositions. More importantly, I have years of composition ideas on this machine that I need to transfer to a computer.

Is ther a kind soul out there that could point me to someone who could repair this issue?

Thank you...

Back