Just O.K

jamking said:
This is just pure spam, are you a newbie? You gotta be more "insightful" ;)

Anyway, thanks to all of you for the legit advice.

....damn spammers......

Judging from his post count, I'm assuming he's not a n00b, I guess.

In good news, we've graduated to "a little better than average.....I guess"!
Good work guys!

Oh yea, your question. How's the whole signal chain right through to the recorder itself? A crappy mixer will do wonders to your sound, as I have experienced first-hand. Bad cables don't matter as much, but don't ignore them. I like to keep all power cables away from the other cables, as I've noticed some noise from poorly insulated power cables. I guess that's an ok answer..... :p

Grrrrrrrrr

Man, IronFlippy seems angry :confused: Why are you so angry?

The problem with my question above must be the fact that my outdated processor is only 16 bit. I ran some tests: dry, clean, saturated, etc and no matter what I do, you can hear digital noise. It's hidden well but it adds up during the final mix.

There's alot of angry people in this thread :confused:

jamking said:
Man, IronFlippy seems angry :confused: Why are you so angry?

Ummm, what was it about his post that appears angry? I did not read it that way at all..... maybe I'm missing something here.

16 bit processors have nothing to do with why things would be noisy. Now cheap crappy processors, that's another story;)

Dude comes on here with a hostile, almost totally insulting attitude, and he's calling other people angry. Then, while only having 16 posts to his name, he's calling other epople "Newbies"...Bsides the fact that his question is almost impossible to answer without alot more details as to what his set up is. He's ok, for an arsehole....I guess.

jamking said:
I was hoping someone could shed some light on this. I've been using the line out of my guitar effects rack to record all guitar tracks but have noticed alot of digital noise. If I mic the amp, (beta58A is all I have), would this help the signal to noise ratio?

I think I'm starting to understand what This thread was all about.

easy there!!!

chessrock said:
I think I'm starting to understand what This thread was all about.
Guy's, it's cool......relax, huh :confused: This is getting spammy!

Friends, huh?

Anyway, I like this site, I have from the beginning and I thank you all for the very warm welcome :rolleyes:

BTW, Rami seems angry!

chessrock, this was a legit question. I thought people would have some ideas for me but I think I figured it out. 16 bit processing would do it using the line in since the sample rate is only 44.1.

Your right about the spam word.

The last forum I was in literally booted all of my buddies because they would stray off topic just a little bit. They referred to it as spam even though it was no where near the definition.

lol, sorry about the last sentance in my other post, I rushed :(

I have a digitech (digicrap) processor ((gsp 21 legend 2)). Some of the channels from a distance sound great but when ran into a console, you can really here digital noise; almost like a trail of static. When you add tracks, this really starts to build up, especially when I solo (which I do constantly).

This may be a digitech problem since they are so cheaply made. It could also be the fact that it's only 16 bit. It could be both.

BTW, what does PWNED mean :confused: I'm guessing it wasn't a compliment :rolleyes:

What do you mean by "from a distance", through an amp? ...and what exactly is 16 bit...the guitar processor? Are you using an analog output from this into your mixer? Is this noise just hiss from the distortion or something? I really don't know what you're looking for, but 16 bit processing won't have anything to do with your noise.

jamking said:
Your right about the spam word.

The last forum I was in literally booted all of my buddies because they would stray off topic just a little bit. They referred to it as spam even though it was no where near the definition.

lol, sorry about the last sentance in my other post, I rushed :(

I have a digitech (digicrap) processor ((gsp 21 legend 2)). Some of the channels from a distance sound great but when ran into a console, you can really here digital noise; almost like a trail of static. When you add tracks, this really starts to build up, especially when I solo (which I do constantly).

This may be a digitech problem since they are so cheaply made. It could also be the fact that it's only 16 bit. It could be both.

BTW, what does PWNED mean :confused: I'm guessing it wasn't a compliment :rolleyes:
BTW, what does PWNED mean

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwned
http://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&q=pwned&meta=

HAHA! Is this thread still going? I forgot all about it. And arsehole is still making no sense. Just jump off a ledge already.

Now this is entertainment.

Still angry, SpamKing?

RAMI said:
HAHA! Is this thread still going? I forgot all about it. And arsehole is still making no sense. Just jump off a ledge already.

Now this is entertainment.

Still angry, SpamKing?
Making no sense? Dude, lighten up. Everyone else is being cool. It's a question that people are trying to help me solve but your reading what you want to because you would rather fight.

Your worse than any Woman with your catfighting and you don't deserve the rep power that you have, you phony.....Woman :D

I'm sorry about the double post:)

metalhead28 said:
What do you mean by "from a distance", through an amp? ...and what exactly is 16 bit...the guitar processor? Are you using an analog output from this into your mixer? Is this noise just hiss from the distortion or something? I really don't know what you're looking for, but 16 bit processing won't have anything to do with your noise.

Yes, through an amp or monitors. 16 bit, 44.1K signal processing.

I am currently running the line out of the effects box into the input of the 16 track.

It's not hiss and it isn't only when there's distortion running. You can here it during clean as well.

Wouldn't the sample rate have alot to do with this. It is outdated compared to the newer ones.

jamking said:
Making no sense? Dude, lighten up. Everyone else is being cool. It's a question that people are trying to help me solve but your reading what you want to because you would rather fight.

Your worse than any Woman with your catfighting and you don't deserve the rep power that you have, you phony.....Woman :D

Yeah nice try loser...Go back and read your first post and quite a few after. You've been insulting in every thread you've posted in. The only reason you've half-mellowed is because you've been bitch-slapped into submission by everyone you tried to attack.
And the negative rep you tried giving me had no effect, because since you have 2 red chicklets, it doesn't do anything, it's just a neutral purple chicklet. Not that I care, but the fact that you would take the time to do that shows that you obviously do...You lose again...hehe. :D

jamking said:
Yes, through an amp or monitors. 16 bit, 44.1K signal processing.

I am currently running the line out of the effects box into the input of the 16 track.

It's not hiss and it isn't only when there's distortion running. You can here it during clean as well.

Wouldn't the sample rate have alot to do with this. It is outdated compared to the newer ones.

8 bit audio hisses like that......... but not 16.

it's probably just a dirty pedal, check your outputs (on the pedal) and try and keep them at 50% or less. this may help, or it may not.

Back