Interface?

Double_F

Hello, Im new to these forums and I have a question for all of you. Ive built a home recording studio and im thinking about buying a different interface. I have a Neumann TLM 102 microphone with a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 Interface. Any Suggestions what interfaces are better than the Saffire?

Sounds like a good setup. Forget the interface upgrade. Acoustically treat your room man. Best investment by far...

:facepalm: Do some reading regarding broadband absorbtion, then look at the frequency numbers for all that 'acoustic' foam you've got.

I would have to say that I agree with the last posts. Your studio looks really friggen cool. But, unless you have hidden bass traps, you are going to fight with quality tracking/mixing with the treatment you have visible in your photos.

There is much more to a good sounding room than a bunch of cool looking foam. Especially in such small spaces, you will be hitting your head against a wall trying to figure out why the low end of everything you record is muddy sounding. Vocals sound like they are in a box?

I have recorded in and once built a studio just like this. The result was a constant guessing as to what to do with the sound. Later realized that the 'wrapping' of a room with Auralex was a ridiculous waste of money for the situation.

Sorry man, looks good, but not doing you any justice as far as the problem frequencies. Actually, it is likely taking the life out of anything you record in that room...

Not to mention how sterile it feels to a musician performing in a room like that....

Back