iMac mic and Audix mic... (Mic placement issue? Recording in general issue?)

tapeTEMPO

So I'm trying to enter the world of recording. I've had a lot of issues with electric guitar mainly and after you hear the clips you will totally see why.

The first attachment was recorded with my iMac's mic. Added some compression/eq. (Sorry for all the htting on the strings... I tried to get as far away from the mic as possible.. I just play guitar sort of hard)

The second attachment was recorded with my Audix i5, plugged into a Presonus Firepod and also using a Presonus Bluetube (with the tube knob set at 3 o'clock). (and if this matters to anyone a monster mic cable) I'll also attach a picture of the placement of the mic and for those of you not familiar of where the cone is on a HRD... where the cone is. (same comp/eq was used)

I used Logic Pro 9.

View attachment iMac mic Solo JM.mp3
View attachment Mic Solo JM.mp3

IMAG0144.jpg

As you can tell.. (well in my opinion) the quality of the Audix sounds significantly worse than the iMacs. What's up??! :confused: (pardon my playing, I felt like my fingers were going to fall off) Thanks for your time.

IDK ..... try getting that ih right up to the speaker then record a track to see how that sounds.
It's always in the microphone placement.

I have only recorded a little electric guitar but I would say turn up the amp and point the mic right at it right against the grill. and mess from there

Back