I NEED MAJOR HELP. Been trying to record on my Tascam and it is NOT working at all.

Codee9

Hey there. Recently I've been trying to record a demo by myself in my apartment. I'm using a Tascam DP-004 4 track pocket studio recorder. I have my Boss ME-70 effects board plugged straight into it and my guitar plugged into the Boss. I'm trying to get a nice distortion sound but it is just not working at all. I've tried recording with a Mic up to the amp but since I live in a apartment I can't do that because it's too loud. So I've been trying to record straight into the Tascam. The distortion is just too horrible though. It's either crackly, tinny, muffled, or inaudible. I'm looking for a nice crisp clear distortion sound similar to Nirvana and The Foo Fighters. Please list any things I should try to achieve a decent quality sound for a home recording. Even if it means I need new equipment. I'll post anymore info if needed. Thanks.

When recording distorted guitar, 'less is more'. Turn down the overdrive/distortion and make sure you are using the REC/Headphone out from the Boss to a Line input (Input A) setting on the Tascam.
I couldn't tell from the Boss literature, but if that output is actually stereo, you may want to use a stereo-to-mono adapter running into the mono input of the Tascam.

Back