Thread: Hsssssss

Cudmasters Los is offline Junior Member

Hsssssss

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have a Eurodesk(Behringer) MX3282 mixer. The pan pots are very noisy when you turn them up. There is a very large hssss added to the tracks. Any suggestions as to how to eliminate this very annoying sound that is destroyong the quality of my tracks?

Cakey2 is offline Senior Member

Pan?

Are you saying that when you pan hard left or right, you get additional noise?

Seems a little odd, I have no similar problems with my eurorack.

Or are you talking about the trim pots?

If you turn them right up, there will be some noise, but I suggest that your input signal is too low if the noise is unbearable. What is the sound source? My soundblaster s/c is particularly noisy.

Good luck,
    matt

MISTERQCUE is offline Not Just Anutha Brutha

Re: Hsssssss

Originally posted by Cudmasters Los
    I have a Eurodesk(Behringer) MX3282 mixer. The pan pots are very noisy when you turn them up. There is a very large hssss added to the tracks. Any suggestions as to how to eliminate this very annoying sound that is destroyong the quality of my tracks?
    Repace your Behringer with a better mixer!

If you are referring to your trim pots, put your channel faders at
    "UNITY" then slowly boost trim to determine at what db inherent noise is being produced! Furthermore insure that your audio cables are not crossing any of your gear's power cords whi wil pick up unwanted RF frequencies. This is especially notable when you boost trim all the way!

AstroKid is offline Newbie

Attention to detail

Even although Beringer don't have the best reputation for desks, you should still be able to produce a decent mix with one.
    Make sure all your sound sources are kicking out decent level first of all. The trims on my desk hardly ever go above half way.
    Check the manual for suggested channel setting also.

Cheers.

SPINSTERWUN is offline Been Here, Posted That
    spinsta1 does not rest upon "it" an essential condition of the subject, a condition that has been detached from the 'they'; "it" is rather an existentiell modification of the 'they', of the 'they' as an essential existentiale.

Re: Re: Hsssssss

Originally posted by MISTERQCUE

Replace your Behringer with a better mixer!

Peace...

spin

Cudmasters Los is offline Junior Member
    Yea I'm talking about the trim pots. I guess i should do a little proof reading before i post huh!

That's a good idea about the unity of the faders, I'll try that. My cables are over some power cords only because of my rackmount.
    I am coming from the proteus 2000, and mpc 2000. If i cannot fix this problem, and i cannot afford another mixer, is there anything that i can buy to iliminate the hiss or is there something in soundforge or another program that will take that out or at least reduce it? Thanks

TexRoadkill is offline Audio Bum
    Is there hiss on your keyboards or just your mics? If its on your keys also then you definately dont have the levels set right.

Some hiss is expected on cheap or dynamic mics.

Thread Information