How would you mimic the sound of a theramin?

What kind of range note-wise do these bad boys have?

I know almost nothnig about them, but I'm pretty sure we're talking wide, multi-octave range. Sounds like they can go low enough make make you take a shit, and high enough to make you stab your mother. :eek:

I would go the E-bow bro, it will most likely provide the added benefit of inspiring other songwriting/production ideas.

eBow doesn't sound anything like a theramin, unless you're doing powerslides and even then your range is fairly limited.

So, how do you call up the piano roll? And I'm assuming I have to create a MIDI track instead of an audio track?

Create a track

then on the top menu bar:

Insert > New Midi item

Double click on the midi item to open the piano roll editor

I don't think so either. Closest thing anyone's mentioned so far's the singing saw.

Or you can try to get that whistle Greg Brady used when he pranked Bobby with the fake UFO...

Actually - what you just wrote is now the closest thing anyone mentioned besides the real thing or a vsti or sample. A slide wistle with some effects would probably be really cool. On the saw thing - it's seriously freaky. I don't know if anyone is familiar with the band Music Tapes - but like I was saying the guy played bowed saw at a show I saw and it was nuts. The other thing he did was play bowed banjo, and it was even better. I can't believe I'm saying that.

I mentioned Ebow because it'd create the sustained signal that some FX may be able to tirn into something usable. I've not used one so don't really have a clue.

Back